Are you looking for an easy dessert to serve a crowd? Mix strong coffee, ice cream, and milk to make this delicious Southern treat. It’s a creamy, refreshing take on a coffee milkshake that’s much easier to prepare for a party. Fair warning, though: this dessert is highly addictive!
We’ll show you the easiest way to make an amazing coffee punch. You’ll have a hard time having just one cup!
Easy Coffee Punch
- Large punch bowl
- Spoon or whisk
- Serving bowls or cups
- Mixing bowl
- 3 cups brewed coffee
- 1 gallon ice cream French vanilla or chocolate
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 gallon milk
- Brew 2 cups of coffee using your favorite brewing method. Cold brew is the easiest method, but drip machines, Keurigs, and large pour-overs like the Chemex also work well!
- Let the coffee cool. You can let it sit on the counter or put it in the refrigerator for faster cooling.
- In your mixing bowl, combine the milk, sugar, and vanilla. Whisk until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Scoop the ice cream into a large punch bowl. Then add the coffee and milk mixture. Stir to combine.
- Serve immediately! We like to garnish coffee punch with fresh mint leaves, cinnamon, or cocoa powder.
Coffee Punch Recipe Tips & Variations
We like to use a good quality French vanilla ice cream in our coffee punch. The extra flavor really comes through, and you can skip adding vanilla extract. But other types of ice cream can also be delicious, like chocolate, caramel, and even strawberry! Use a brand that you would eat plain and any flavor that sounds good with coffee.
Want a lighter version? You can skip the ice cream and add a little extra sugar for a less decadent treat. You can also use whipped cream instead of milk and ice cream, or substitute a non-dairy alternative like almond or coconut milk.
The easiest way to make coffee for this recipe is cold brew. Your coffee will be strong, tasty, and already cold! Plus, cold brew is easy to make whether or not you have a dedicated cold brew coffee maker. But there are plenty of other brewing options, too! Use a drip machine, Keurig, large pour-over, or French press to make your coffee. Then let it sit on the counter or in the refrigerator for at least 10 or 15 minutes.
Extra Flavors & Garnishes
This recipe already has a lot going on: strong coffee, creamy milk, and decadent ice cream. But you add more flavoring if you’d like! Try a teaspoon of your favorite spice, like cinnamon or nutmeg. Or add cocoa powder or hazelnut extract. And don’t forget to try fun garnishes like mint leaves, ground cinnamon, or chocolate chips!
Time to enjoy your new favorite dessert! Coffee punch is one of those amazing treats that tastes great and isn’t hard to make. Next time you have a barbeque or your family’s in the mood for a great dessert, give this one a try!
- 6 Delicious Coffee Desserts: Recipes & Pictures
- Affogato Recipe: Make This Delicious Dessert Today!
- 15 Perfectly Sweet Coffee Recipes (Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth!)
Featured image: Oleksandra Naumenko, Shutterstock