Ready for a recipe perfect for any coffee lover with a sweet tooth? Cold brew ice cream is a summer version of an affogato, the classic Italian dessert made by pouring hot espresso over scoops of ice cream.
Cold brew ice cream combines two delicious things: mellow, rich cold brew coffee and creamy ice cream. Add a few chocolate chips and you’ll be in sweet, caffeinated heaven! Let’s get started.
Cold Brew Ice Cream Float
- Large glass
- ¾ cup cold brew
- 1-2 scoops French vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate or caramel syrup optional
- Chocolate chips optional
- Scoop your ice cream into a tall glass. We like to start with one scoop, but you can add as many as you’d like.
- Pour your cold brew on top of the ice cream. If you haven’t made cold brew ahead, you can brew a cup of coffee using any brewing method and let it chill in the refrigerator.
- Add a drizzle of chocolate or caramel syrup, or sprinkle on a few chocolate chips. Another delicious option is to garnish your cold brew ice cream with chocolate-covered espresso beans! Enjoy your chilled coffee treat.
Fun Recipe Tips & Variations
Regular Coffee vs Cold Brew
Cold brew is the best kind of coffee to use for this recipe, and not just because it’s in the name. Cold brew is sweeter and more mellow than regular coffee because it’s never heated. You enjoy the beans’ best flavors without the acidity or bitterness often found in hot coffee. Plus, you don’t have to wait for your hot coffee to get cold. Of course, you do need to steep cold brew for at least 16 hours — so why not make a big batch every week or two in the summer?
Our recipe uses French vanilla ice cream, but you can use any kind of ice cream that sounds good. Go with coffee ice cream for a little extra caffeine, or try cherry, mint, or chocolate. And if you don’t eat dairy, you can substitute coconut ice cream or any other alternative.
If you’re in the mood for an over-the-top dessert, why not add your favorite sweet toppings? From berries to hot fudge, lots of tasty garnishes will be delicious on your cold brew ice cream float. Don’t forget a sprinkle of homemade espresso powder or chocolate-covered espresso beans!
Homemade Cold Brew Ice Cream: Conclusion
Now you know how to make the most delicious dessert of the summer! We hope you love this cold brew ice cream recipe as much as we do. It’s so easy to make, and the flavors will wow you. Get ready for a truly refreshing treat!
- How to Make Eiskaffee (German Ice Cream Coffee)
- 15 Refreshing Summer Coffee Recipes (Easy & Tasty!)
- How to Sweeten Cold Brew Coffee: 10 Tasty Ideas
Featured Image: asife, Shutterstock
Table of Contents