There are several ways to spruce up a regular tea or coffee beverage. With additions like different sweeteners such as honey and brown sugar and various choices of milk like oat milk, you can upgrade your drink. This lavender milk tea recipe adds a touch of the sweet aroma of lavender to add an extra kick.
How to Make Lavender Milk Tea:
1. Make the Tea.
In a pan mix water, dried lavender, tea bag, and honey over low heat. Bring to a boil and remove it from the heat. Then let it steep for 10 minutes.
2. Add Coconut Milk and Pour
After steeping, add coconut milk. Remove it from the heat when boiled and pour it into a mug.
3. Add Finishing Touches
Pour the tea mixture into your mug. Slowly add the protein or collagen powder. Garnish with lavender.
The Lavender Milk Tea Recipe Experience: Tips & Alternatives
You can adjust the recipe a bit to enjoy it in different ways. This can be enjoyed with the addition of boba to make a bubble tea beverage. You can add more caffeine with extra tea bags as well.
There are alternatives to using lavender that can make this milk tea have an added flavor. You can use fruit garnish, or mint leaves to make it have a different flavor profile. You can switch out some of the ingredients, or add different spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and more.
The milk frother is great for giving the tea recipe that foamy layer on top. You can try some latte art or sprinkle cinnamon over the froth. This can give a boost to your milk tea and let you experiment with different flavors.
A few additional notes would be to make sure you keep the pan on low heat, stirring constantly so you don’t get a thick texture to your milk tea. It will also help to keep your eye on it as it boils. Be careful not to drink it immediately after it’s boiled, as it might be too hot for your liking!
Simple Lavender Milk Tea Recipe
- Milk frother
- Any small pan
- Small amount of water 1/2 cup min.
- 4 sprigs of dried lavender
- 1 tsp. of honey
- 1 English Breakfast or Earl Grey tea bag
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- 1 scoop of your choice of protein powder
- More lavender for garnish
- Use a small saucepan with water, tea, and honey and bring to boil over low heat. Let this steep for 10 mins.
- Slowly add coconut milk.
- When boiled, remove from heat, and pour into a mug.
- Slowly add the protein or collagen powder. Garnish with lavender.
This simple lavender milk tea recipe will add a hint of floral aroma to your regular milk tea. Give this a try as an alternative to your morning tea.
Looking for more recipes?
- How to Make Brown Sugar Milk Tea (Easy Recipe)
- Soothing Ginger Milk Tea Recipe (Simple Steps)
- Hojicha Latte Recipe: Tasty & Authentic Green Tea!
Featured Image Credit: Ariadna Nevskaya, Shutterstock