If you’re a fan of “Zoolander” but you have never tried the movie’s iconic Orange Mocha Frappuccino, it’s time to correct that wrong! Sadly, this tasty drink isn’t available at Starbucks anymore, but don’t worry: it’s easy to make at home.
Here’s the easy orange mocha frappuccino recipe – deliciously inspired by the hilarious movie! Whether or not you are a fan of Zoolander, we know you’ll love this citrusy, chocolatey treat.
Orange Mocha Frappuccino
- High-speed blender
- 2 tall glasses
- 2 cups coffee ice cubes
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ orange zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- ¾ cup milk or chocolate milk
- ¼ cup half-and-half
- Whipped cream optional
- If you’re using coffee ice cubes, add them to your blender. If not, you can substitute 4 ounces of cooled espresso or 1 1/2 cups of cooled coffee and 1 cup of regular ice.
- Add the chocolate chips and blend at high speed until smooth.
- Pour in the rest of the ingredients (holding back a little orange zest) and blend until you get your desired consistency. Depending on the strength of your blender, this will take between 1 and 4 minutes.
- Divide the mocha between two tall glasses. Top with whipped cream (optional) and a sprinkling of orange zest. Enjoy your beautiful, unusual drink!
Orange Mocha Frappuccino Recipe Variations
The base orange mocha frappuccino recipe is already pretty over-the-top, but you can always adapt it! Here are some delicious ideas:
You can’t go wrong with whipped cream on top of a frappuccino. It adds a decadent creamy flavor to your frozen coffee, and you can sprinkle your favorite flavorings on top! This might include orange zest, chocolate chips, chocolate sprinkles, chocolate syrup, or white chocolate chips. One topping we highly recommend? A slice or two of a holiday chocolate orange!
Coffee Ice Cubes
We recommend using coffee ice cubes for the best-tasting orange mocha frappuccino. They’re easy to make (though you’ll have to wait a few hours for them to freeze) and will help you avoid watering down the drink’s flavor with regular ice.
Of course, there are plenty of other options if you don’t want to wait for the ice. Brew regular coffee or pull two shots of espresso and let it cool. Then combine regular ice with the coffee in your blender. Delicious!
Ready to start brewing? The Orange Mocha Frappuccino was invented by the movie Zoolander, but that doesn’t mean you can’t try it at home! We hope you enjoy this easy recipe for a mind-blowing chocolate orange mocha.
- Java Chip Frappuccino Recipe (Delicious & Decadent)
- How to Make A Vanilla Bean Frappuccino
- Delicious Mocha Frappe Recipe (Simple Steps)
Featured Image Credit: Elena Veselova, Shutterstock