On a hot summer day, nothing sounds better than a tall, refreshing glass of ice water. But if you want a dose of caffeine, too, what’s your best option?
We’ll show you how to make a delicious glass of coffee soda and give you a few recipe variation ideas. You’ll be enjoying a tall glass of sparkling water coffee in no time!
Refreshing Coffee Soda
- Tall glass
- Fill a glass with ice. We like to use coffee ice cubes for a stronger flavor, but regular ice works, too.
- Get out your cold brew. If you’re using regular brewed coffee, let it sit for at least 10 minutes to cool down.
- Pour the sparkling water into your glass. Then pour the cold brew on top and take a moment to admire the beautiful layers. Add a sprig of rosemary or a wedge of lemon for a fun garnish!
Sparkling Coffee Soda Recipe Variations & Tips
Coffee soda is easy to make, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t vary it! Here are a few quick tips:
Classic sparkling water (flavored or not) is the base of this recipe, but you can also use ginger ale or your favorite soda. Another version of this drink is a coffee lemonade, which is sweeter but also quite refreshing.
Cold brew is the best kind of coffee to use in this drink. It’s mellow and smooth, with a bold, never-acidic flavor. Plus, it’s already cold, so it won’t melt your ice cubes. If you don’t want to make cold brew, you can use your favorite coffee brewing method. Drip machines, pour-overs, Keurigs, and French presses will all work, but we do recommend letting the coffee cool down before you add it to your glass.
As for the coffee beans, we recommend a fresh, high-quality variety with plenty of complex flavors. Volcanica makes a delicious Ethiopian Yirgacheffe that’s unusually good when mixed with soda. Or try one of these great coffee brands!
You may think that ice is just ice, but there’s one variation that can make a big difference. Whip up a batch of coffee ice cubes — frozen cubes of leftover coffee — to keep your iced drinks strong and flavorful all summer long!
Garnishes are where you can use your imagination. We like to add a slice of lemon or lime to our iced coffee drinks, and coffee soda is no exception. Sprigs of mint, basil, or rosemary can also make for fresh, summery garnishes. Use whatever you have on hand!
There you have it: the simplest way to make a refreshing, caffeinated drink. We hope you enjoyed this coffee soda recipe! It’s a tasty drink that you can almost endlessly customize. And what’s better on a hot day than an ice-cold cup of coffee?
- 15 Refreshing Summer Coffee Recipes (Easy & Tasty!)
- What is Dandelion Coffee? (With Simple Recipe)
- Coffee Granita Recipe (Refreshing & Decadent)
Featured image: tidaratsirirat, Shutterstock