Halloween’s almost here, and that means it is time to start drinking the scariest (or coziest) coffee drinks. As you put together the perfect costume, plan out your trick-or-treating route, or carve a ghoulish Jack-O’-Lantern, why not enjoy a truly spooky latte?
To help you find a drink worthy of the spookiest month of the year, we’ve gathered our favorite Halloween coffee recipes. Whether you are throwing a Halloween party or just looking for a tasty drink for a fall morning, we have 6 delicious options. Keep reading — if you dare:
6 Spectacularly Spooky Halloween Coffee Recipes
1. Festive & Over-the-Top
- Espresso machine
- Small saucepan
- Tall latte glass
- 2 shots espresso
- 8 ounces milk
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream
- Orange food coloring optional
- Candy corn, candy pumpkins, or chocolate chips optional
- In a small saucepan, combine your milk, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin spice mix.
- Heat on low, stirring regularly, for a few minutes. Don't let the mixture boil.
- Pull two shots of espresso. If you don't have an espresso machine, you can substitute 4 ounces of strong brewed coffee.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup in your latte glass. Then add the espresso.
- Pour the spiced pumpkin milk on top of the coffee.
- Now it's time for garnishes! Take it over the top by mixing orange food coloring into your whipped cream. Spoon the orange whipped cream onto your drink. Then use candy corn, candy pumpkin, or chocolate chips to form a Jack-O'-Lantern face. Sprinkle on a little cinnamon if you'd like.
- Enjoy your spooky Halloween latte!
2. Poison Apple Coffee
You may not think of apples as a coffee flavoring, but trust us: you’re missing out! Whip up a caramel apple coffee drink with a sprinkle of cinnamon for a cozy treat. And if you’re throwing a party, why not call it a poison apple coffee? Don’t forget to wear your witch hat while serving!
3. Trick or Treat Latte
This latte is a little bit sweet and a little bit salty, just like any good trick-or-treating session! Mix maple syrup and pecans into a latte for a drink worthy of a chilly fall day.
4. Frightful Fire Cocktail
If you’re looking for an adult Halloween coffee drink, this flaming Spanish cocktail will knock your socks off! Turn the lights down low, pull out the candles, and get ready to impress your guests.
5. Bloody Beet Latte
The rest of the year, our beet latte is a cheerful shade of pink. But when Halloween rolls around, we recommend adding a little extra beet powder (or red food coloring) to turn this healthy latte into something fit for your favorite vampires.
6. Ghoulish Coffee Punch
Coffee punch is an amazing drink to serve at any party. Rich, creamy, and caffeinated, this combination of coffee and ice cream is to die for. Speaking of dying, you can always dye your ice cubes red or throw in some gummy eyeballs for an extra ghoulish party drink!
Are you ready to party? We hope you’ve found the perfect cozy drink to enjoy on a fall morning or serve at a Halloween party. Whether you make a spiced Jack-O’-Lantern latte or a creamy coffee punch, you’ll enjoy the delicious flavors! There’s nothing like a cozy coffee drink on a chilly day — especially if you’ve been busy trick or treating or decorating your house with spider webs. Enjoy your spooky drink!
- 15 Cozy Winter Coffee Recipes
- 9 Hot Coffee Cocktails (Recipes & Brewing Tips)
- Our 5 Favorite Pumpkin Spice Coffee Brands
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew Recipe (Creamy & Delicious)
Featured image credit: Unsplash