There’s nothing quite as cozy as a hot cup of apple cider on a crisp fall afternoon. After a long day of raking leaves or carving pumpkins, you deserve a sweet, autumnal treat! But if you’re a coffee lover, we have something even better: apple coffee.
We’ll show you how to make a fabulous fall drink using apple cider, milk, cinnamon, caramel, and espresso. It’ll knock your socks off — in the best possible way!
Cinnamon Apple Coffee
- Espresso machine or coffee maker
- Small saucepan
- Large mug
- 2 ounces apple cider
- 2 ounces milk any kind
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoons caramel sauce
- 2 shots espresso or ½ cup brewed coffee
- Whipped cream optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the apple cider, milk, cinnamon, and caramel sauce. Heat over medium, stirring regularly, until the mixture is hot but not boiling.
- Pull two shots of espresso or brew ½ cup of strong coffee. You can use any brewing equipment!
- Pour the espresso into a large mug. Add the caramel apple mixture on top. Garnish a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Enjoy your apple coffee!
Wondering how you can customize this delicious drink? Here are a few tips.
We like using apple cider in this cozy fall recipe because it adds just enough apple flavor without being too sweet. But you can also use apple juice or apple puree. If you use a really sweet juice, you may want to reduce the amount of caramel sauce. And if you’re using puree or paste, keep in mind that your drink will have a thicker texture.
Classic cow’s milk is always a good option in coffee drinks, but we love alternative types of milk, too. Almond milk and oat milk are especially good in this recipe. And if you love the texture of steamed milk, you can always pull out your steamer to use in apple coffee!
Caramel sauce and syrup are both easy additions to this caramel-apple-flavored drink. If you don’t have them on hand, you can make caramel sauce on the stove by heating butter and sugar. If you’re concerned about your sugar intake, feel free to skip the caramel entirely!
Cinnamon is a can’t-miss flavor in apple coffee, and it’s already mixed into some apple ciders. But if you love a spiced drink, why not add other spices like nutmeg, pumpkin spice, ginger, or turmeric? Apple coffee goes very well with many spices.
Time to get back to your gorgeous autumn day! We hope you love this apple coffee recipe, no matter what month it is. Cinnamon, caramel, and apples are unbelievably good with milk and espresso. Try it and see for yourself!