When the snow starts falling, it’s time to pull out the baking supplies and whip up a batch (or three) of gingerbread cookies. While you’re baking, why not enjoy a cozy homemade gingerbread latte — using many of the same ingredients?
Here’s our simple gingerbread latte recipe, complete with guided steps and brewing tips. Why not garnish your gingerbread latte with a gingerbread man? We’re pretty sure Santa would approve.
Gingerbread Latte Recipe
- Medium bowl
- Milk steamer (or saucepan and mason jar)
- Two coffee mugs
- 4 ounces espresso
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 ½ cup milk any kind
- Combine espresso, spices, and molasses in a medium bowl.
- Whisk until fully combined.
- Steam the milk using your milk steamer. You can also heat the milk in a saucepan, pour it into a heat-safe lidded jar, and shake it until it’s fully frothed.
- Divide the espresso mixture between two coffee mugs.
- Pour the steamed milk on top, spooning milk froth onto each mug at the end.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon or a small gingerbread cookie. Enjoy your cozy drink!
Gingerbread Latte Brewing Tips
Gingerbread lattes are delicious and easy to make, and you can’t go wrong with the above recipe. But one of the best benefits of making them at home (besides saving money) is that you can make your lattes exactly the way you want them. Here are a few tips:
Can you use coffee instead?
What are the best garnishes?
Garnishes are where you can get creative! Try adding a sprinkle of your favorite spices or a small gingerbread man to the milk froth on top of your latte. You could also crumble a gingerbread cookie on top or stick in a festive peppermint candy cane. Or keep it simple with a little brown sugar, chocolate chips, or cocoa powder.
What kind of milk should you use?
Regular old cow’s milk works well in this recipe, but if you’re cutting out dairy or prefer almond milk, no problem! You can use your favorite kind of milk, from skim to coconut.
Warm up on a chilly day with this surprisingly simple winter recipe! Gingerbread lattes can brighten a rainy morning, make a snowy afternoon cozier, or help you wind down in front of a roaring fire. We hope you enjoy this spiced latte as much as we do.
- 15 Cozy Winter Coffee Recipes
- How to Make Christmas Coffee: Recipe & Pictures
- Iced Matcha Latte Recipe (Refreshing & Unusual)
Featured image credit: P Maxwell Photography, Shutterstock