Bananas are creamy and sweet, which makes them perfect for mixing with milk. Add cold brew and you have breakfast in a glass — efficient, easy to make, and good for you!
Here’s a simple banana milk coffee recipe with a good balance of flavors. Not too sweet, not too creamy, not too bitter… this coffee recipe has it all! Scroll down to get started:
Easy Banana Milk Coffee
- 2 tall glasses
- 1 cup cold brew
- 1 cup milk
- 1 banana
- 2 teaspoons honey to taste
- Ice or coffee ice
- Combine the milk, banana, and honey in a high-speed blender. Blend on high for about a minute, until the mixture is smooth.
- Fill two glasses with ice. We recommend using coffee ice for the best flavor.
- Pour ½ cup of cold brew into each glass.
- Split the banana milk between the glasses and stir.
- Serve immediately.
Banana Milk Coffee Variations
That’s the basic recipe, but you can customize it as much as you’d like! Here are some tips to get you started:
Our recipe uses a little honey because it’s so tasty with bananas. But you can use regular white or brown sugar instead — or try something else, like agave or Stevia. Another option? Skip the sweeteners altogether! Bananas naturally have a little sugar in them, so your coffee will still be slightly sweet.
We love using cold brew in our banana milk coffee because it’s so mellow and convenient. You can make it ahead and enjoy your coffee drinks effortlessly all week! Plus, the rich, mellow flavor works especially well with banana milk. But you can use cooled espresso shots or regular brewed coffee if you’d like. Why not experiment and see what you prefer?
Any old ice will do for this drink, but we do have one big suggestion: up your iced coffee game by starting a stockpile of coffee ice cubes! Make an extra-large batch of cold brew and pour some of it into an ice cube tray. Leave it in the freezer for the next day’s coffee — and thank us later!
Banana milk coffee may sound a little strange, but trust us: it’s delicious! You only need a few inexpensive ingredients to make this satisfying, well-rounded iced coffee drink. Creamy, slightly sweet, and plenty caffeinated, it’s a delightful way to start your day.
- Healthy Coffee Recipes: 24 Delicious & Guilt-Free Drinks
- Homemade Coffee Creamer with Almond Milk (Easy Recipe)
- Is Coffee a Fruit? You’ll Be Amazed
Featured image: Christina Grace, Shutterstock