Is there anything easier than a shelf-stable coffee creamer? But the ingredients on store-bought versions might send you running back to the milk aisle! Luckily, you can whip up a homemade powdered coffee creamer with just a few simple ingredients.
This powdered coffee creamer recipe can keep for a year on your pantry shelves — and you can adapt it depending on your favorite flavors! Let’s get started.
Homemade Powdered Coffee Creamer
- Blender or food processor
- Airtight container
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- Pour the dry ingredients into your blender or food processor. Pulse until fully combined.
- Add the coconut oil to the mixture and blend for another minute.
- Store your powdered coffee creamer in an airtight container. You might need to shake it occasionally to recombine the ingredients, but the creamer is shelf-stable!
Wondering how you can customize this recipe? There are quite a few options, from base ingredients to flavorings. Here are our simple tips!
You can add liquid flavorings like vanilla or hazelnut extract, but we find that powdered flavors work much better. Add powdered vanilla to your creamer, or blend almonds or hazelnuts into a fine powder. Spices are especially easy to add — think cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, or pumpkin pie spice — and taste pretty darn delicious, too. And if you’re a chocolate lover, try a spoonful or two of cocoa powder!
You can find powdered milk at many grocery stores and health food stores, or try looking online. If you prefer a non-dairy option, coconut milk powder can be a delicious substitute.
If you like your coffee creamer to be sweet, why not add a little powdered sugar to the mix? You can also try alternative sweeteners like stevia for a low-calorie option. And regular white or brown sugar will work in a pinch, too.
We hope you enjoy this incredibly easy recipe! You can make a big batch of homemade powdered coffee creamer in under 10 minutes. It will keep for up to a year on the shelf, making for an easy addition to any cup of coffee. Plus, you can adjust the flavorings depending on what you and your family like!
- How Long Does Coffee Creamer Last?
- Healthy Coffee Recipes: 24 Delicious & Guilt-Free Drinks
- Creamy Spanish Latte Recipe (Simple Steps)
Featured image credit: PENpics Studio, shutterstock