The Sugar Cookie Latte is one of the most popular beverages that Starbucks offers, and many people want to know how to make it at home. Keep reading for a step-by-step guide to making a homemade Starbucks sugar cookie latte.
How to Make a Starbucks Sugar Cookie Latte
1. Mix the Sugar With the Water
The first step is to put the boiling water into a heatproof bowl and add the sugar. Then, stir with a whisk until the sugar dissolves.
2. Add Your Extracts
Add the vanilla and almond extracts to the sugar water, and stir well.
3. Heat Your Milk
Slowly heat the milk in a saucepan until it begins steaming. Stir it regularly, and use low heat for the best results.
4. Create the Froth
Once the milk begins steaming, use a frother or blender to create a foam that you can use.
5. Add the Coffee and Chips
Divide the white chocolate chips between two large mugs, and pour half of the freshly brewed Starbucks Holiday Blend into each. Stir until the chips dissolve.
6. Add the Syrup
Add half of the syrup that you created with sugar, water, and extracts to each large mug, and mix well.
7. Add the Froth
Add half of the handmade foam to the top of each beverage to complete your creation.
The Sugar Cookie Latte Recipe Alternatives and Toppings
Simple Sugar Cookie Latte Starbucks Recipe
- Small whisk
- Coffee cup
- Large glass bowl
- 4 cups Starbucks Holiday Blend freshly brewed hot coffee
- 2 cups 3.25% whole milk
- ½ cup Boiling water
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- ½ cup White chocolate chips
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp Almond extract
- While the coffee is brewing, mix the boiling water with your granulated sugar and mix well.
- Add the almond and vanilla extracts to the sugar water syrup, and stir well.
- Slowly heat the milk in a saucepan until it begins to steam.
- Use a hand blender or a frother to create foam for the top of the beverage.
- Divide the white chocolate chips between two large mugs, then pour half the coffee into each one before stirring well.
- Add in the syrup.
- Divide the foam between the two beverages.
- Top with colored sprinkles for more color.
The Starbucks sugar cookie latte is a fantastic drink that is easy to make at home with just a few ingredients and tools, including a standard coffee maker and a saucepan. You can use any extract brand, and you can reduce the sugar if you find it too sweet. Experimenting with different kinds of coffee or even espresso can lead to delicious surprises!
Featured Image Credit: mikeledray, Shutterstock
Table of Contents
- How to Make a Starbucks Sugar Cookie Latte
- The Sugar Cookie Latte Recipe Alternatives and Toppings
- Simple Sugar Cookie Latte Starbucks Recipe