As Starbuck expands and builds new locations, its menu continues to grow too. Some of the menu items can get quite expensive, and many people wonder what the most expensive drink you can order is. If you have been wondering about this question yourself, you’ve come to the right place. The short answer is the Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino, along with several other Frappuccino flavors. Keep reading as we look at what makes this beverage so expensive and what other drinks are extremely expensive. Do note that all these prices may vary slightly depending on where you live.
What’s the Most Expensive Starbucks Drink?
According to the extensive Starbucks menu, the most expensive drink is the Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino at $5.95. Several other Frappuccinos are the same price, like the Apple Crisp Frappuccino, Chocolate Cookie Crumble Crème Frappuccino, and Caramel Ribbon Crunch Crème Frappuccino. There are also a few other items, like Iced Chocolate Almond Milk Shaken Espresso, that have the same price. Standard drinks cost much less, with a grande Regular Coffee costing $2.65.
Most Expensive Drink on the Starbucks Secret Menu
While Starbucks does not have an actual secret menu, you can create your own coffee there, no matter how extreme or expensive, which has started many reports of unbelievably costly drinks. Unfortunately, there are only rumors of these fabled drinks as there doesn’t seem to be anyone who has actually purchased them. Still, they are technically possible to order, so you can try them yourself if you are brave enough:
- A Venti Latte with 70 shots of espresso costs $55.75.
- A Venti Mocha Cookie Frappuccino with 77 shots of espresso and several different flavored drizzles costs $71.35.
- A Rewards Drink that contains 120 shots of espresso in a single large glass costs $92.55.
- A White Mocha Frappuccino that contains 102 shots of espresso and 70 pumps of white mocha costs $102.04.
- A Café Americano that contains 104 shots of espresso costs $102.15. One person who did purchase this drink had to bring in a large container to hold it.
- A Super Venti Flat White that contains 170 espresso shots has more than 11,000 milligrams of caffeine, which is almost three times the amount considered safe. It is one of the most expensive drinks that you could see leaving Starbucks: It costs $148.99.
Why Is Starbucks So Expensive?
Most of the standard drinks on the Starbucks menu are in line with what you might find in other chain coffee shops. However, you can order a drink that contains any ingredients that you wish, so more expensive drinks are possible. While most people don’t purchase 100 or more espresso shots at a time, it’s technically possible to do at Starbucks.
Most people simply add one or two shots to their regular coffee for an extra kick. Many people also like to get extra drizzle on top of their Frappuccino. These additions can be costly, though, and since many people do it, it can seem like Starbucks coffee is more expensive than franchises that don’t offer the same customizable options.
The most expensive drink that you can order from Starbucks off their standard menu is the Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino, and several other flavors of Frappuccinos cost about the same. Frappuccinos are generally more expensive than the other types of coffee available, but some espresso drinks can also get expensive. Starbucks enables you to substitute any ingredients that you want, and you can even create something original, but the cost will be higher than standard drinks.
Featured Image Credit: Lala Azizli, Unsplash
Table of Contents