Oat milk is one of our favorite non-dairy options. It’s creamy, easy to make at home, and adds a little extra fiber to your day. Hot oat milk lattes are delicious, but sometimes you need a drink that’s a bit more refreshing.
That’s where this simple iced oat milk latte recipe comes in! With just a few inexpensive ingredients, you can whip up an iced latte that will put your favorite coffee shop to shame.
Iced Oat Milk Latte
- Espresso machine or stovetop Moka pot
- Tall glass
- 1 ounce dark roast coffee beans finely ground
- 2 ounces filtered water
- ⅔ cup oat milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or brown sugar
- Pull two shots of espresso using your favorite espresso maker. If you want to use brewed coffee instead, make it extra strong and use about half a cup.
- Add maple syrup or brown sugar to the hot espresso. This is optional, but adding the sweetener now will help it dissolve.
- Fill your glass with ice. If you want a stronger oat milk latte, try freezing brewed coffee in an ice cube tray to make coffee ice!
- Pour the oat milk into the glass.
- Add the sweetened espresso or strong coffee.
- Stir thoroughly and enjoy your tasty latte!
Homemade Iced Oat Milk Latte Variations
Love the original but curious about how you can customize it? We have plenty of delicious ideas, from honey to espresso:
Maple syrup and brown sugar are both tasty latte sweeteners, but you have plenty of other options, too. Try a spoonful of honey or agave, a little mint or vanilla extract, or a sprinkle of regular white sugar. You can also make homemade coffee syrup for a sweetener that’s extra easy to mix in.
Using regular ice to cool down your latte works well, but it will water down the drink, especially on a hot day. That’s why we love using coffee ice cubes — made by freezing brewed coffee — which adds coffee flavor as it melts. Delicious and refreshing!
Coffee vs Espresso: How to Choose
Classic lattes are always made with espresso shots because the bold, rich flavor works well with milk. There are quite a few ways to make espresso (or something similar) beyond pricey espresso machines. You can use a stovetop espresso maker (Moka pot) or AeroPress to make highly concentrated coffee. Or read our tips for making your brewed coffee as strong as possible!
We hope you enjoy your refreshing iced oat milk latte. It’s surprisingly easy to make at home — so you can skip the coffee shop without having to miss out on your favorite espresso drink. Creamy and bold, this latte is sure to hit the spot! Ready for your homemade iced oat milk latte?
- Oat Milk Coffee Creamer Recipe (Simple Steps)
- Healthy Coffee Recipes: 24 Guilt-Free Drinks
- Simple Oat Milk Latte Recipe (Healthy & Delicious)
Featured Image Credit: Rizky Subagja, Unsplash
Table of Contents