Panera Bread has a Cinnamon Crunch Latte that rivals the Pumpkin Spice Latte of Starbucks fame. You might be wondering if you can create this beverage at home, and the short answer is yes! Keep reading while we provide you with a step-by-step guide to enjoying this beverage without the need to leave the house.
Homemade Cinnamon Crunch Latte Recipe
1. Make the Cinnamon Syrup
Mix the water, brown sugar, and 1 tsp of the cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Whisk continuously over high heat until the sugar dissolves and it begins to boil. Reduce to a simmer. Keep whisking until the syrup thickens, then remove from heat, and add the vanilla. Pour the mixture into a jar and let it cool.
2. Brew Coffee
When you’re ready for your beverage, brew the coffee that you want to add. The brand and roast are your choices, as is the brewing method. However, we found that medium to dark roast tastes the best.
3. Heat Milk
The next step is to heat the milk in a small saucepan over medium heat for about 5 minutes, being careful not to let it boil. Whisk until it gets frothy. Remove from heat.
4. Mix Cinnamon and Sugar
Mix the rest of the cinnamon and the white sugar in a small bowl while your milk is heating.
5. Pour Coffee Into Mug
Fill your mug or glass with the fresh coffee that you made.
6. Add Cinnamon Syrup
Add in the cinnamon syrup to taste, typically no more than a tablespoon, and stir.
7. Add Milk
Add in the warm milk.
8. Add Whipped Topping and Cinnamon Sugar
Add whipped topping to the top of the beverage, and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar all over to add the crunch to this latte. Enjoy!
The Cinnamon Crunch Latte Experience: Alternatives
Espresso is traditionally used for lattes and makes for a potent drink. But you can customize your Cinnamon Crunch Latte by trying different kinds of coffee to adjust the final product’s flavor. For example, darker roasts will produce a stronger flavor with more caffeine. Cold brews are smoother and less bitter, and many people like them for beverages like these.
You can also try substituting plant-based milk, like almond, coconut, or oat milk, especially if you are lactose intolerant. Some, like oat milk, can make the beverage thicker than when using ordinary cow’s milk.
Simple Cinnamon Crunch Latte Recipe
- Small saucepan
- Medium saucepan
- Small bowl
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 6 –8 cups of freshly brewed coffee espresso preferred
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whipped topping
- Make cinnamon syrup by mixing water, brown sugar, and 1 tsp of cinnamon in a medium saucepan, whisking over high heat until the sugar dissolves and it begins to boil. Reduce to a simmer and whisk until the syrup thickens. Then, remove from heat and add vanilla. Pour into a jar and let cool.
- Brew six to eight cups of your favorite coffee.
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until it is hot but not boiling. Whisk until frothy and set aside.
- Mix the white sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon in a bowl.
- Pour your coffee into the cups or mugs.
- Add in the cinnamon syrup to taste, and stir.
- Add the milk.
- Add whipped topping and sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture on top to complete your beverage and enjoy.
The Cinnamon Crunch Latte is a fantastic-tasting beverage that is as easy to create at home as it is to purchase and is nowhere near as expensive. You can also customize it with different brands of coffee and types of milk to potentially create something you like even better. It’s great fun to experiment with. The best part of this recipe is that it makes several cups so you can share it with your friends and loved ones.
Featured Image Credit: sanggung de, Shutterstock
Table of Contents
- Homemade Cinnamon Crunch Latte Recipe
- The Cinnamon Crunch Latte Experience: Alternatives
- Simple Cinnamon Crunch Latte Recipe