Chai lattes have been all the rage for the last few years now, and there’s none better than Dunkin Donuts Chai Latte beverage. But, of course, at Dunkin, the latte is a seasonal drink meant to make you feel cozy, warm, and happy during the autumn season.
But what if you want your chai latte in summer? Or the spring? Or even in the winter? We’ve got you covered. Below, you’ll find a simple homemade Dunkin Donuts Chai Latte recipe that we love. Try it and see if you agree!
What You’ll Need
1. Prepare the syrup.
First, you need to prepare your syrup by mixing the sugar and water in a small saucepan. Put the pan on medium heat, then mix it until your sugar is completely dissolved.
2. Simmer for Five Minutes.
Once your sugar is dissolved and the mixture comes to a boil, reduce your heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the loose tea leaves, then allow them to simmer for another 10 minutes. The mixture should have a concentrated chai flavor.
3. Strain your tea mixture.
Once your mixture has simmered, remove it from the heat and set it aside while preparing the glass jar. After the mixture has cooled, strain it directly into the mason jar.
4. Add your vanilla extract.
Once you’ve strained the mixture, add the vanilla extract, then stir the syrup. Your chai syrup mixture is ready.
5. Make your chai latte.
Warm milk in the microwave, and once it’s heated, froth it with your handheld frother or your steam wand.
6. Stir, combine, and enjoy!
Finally, add the 6 tablespoons of chai syrup to a cup, then pour the steamed milk. Give it a stir, combine it, and enjoy your Chai latte. You can also make this an iced version by adding ice and pouring it into a glass.
The Homemade Dunkin Donuts Chai Latte Recipe Experience
Now that you have our favorite recipe for a homemade Dunkin Donut Chai Latte, we’ll give you some information about this drink below.
What Is the Dunkin Donuts Chai Latte?
Dunkin Donuts’ chai latte blend contains tea, a steamed or chilled mix, and a variety of spices. The spices include cloves, nutmeg, ginger, cardamom, and cinnamon.
You can order this latte hot or cold, and it’s usually only available on the seasonal menu in autumn.
How Much Sugar is in a Dunkin Donuts Chai Latte?
A medium Dunk Donuts chai latte contains 40 grams of sugar, which is quite a bit. However, if you’re really in need of a fix and order a large, it has 50 grams of sugar. The good news is if you’re trying to watch your sugar intake, you can request less added sugar in the drink.
Sadly, most of the sugar comes from the chai syrup, and there’s no low-fat, sugar-free version. However, if you use a homemade recipe, you can adjust your sugar accordingly.
How Does a Dunkin Donuts Chai Latte Taste?
Whether it’s the version from Dunkin Donuts or our homemade recipe, there’s no denying that it tastes fantastic. In our opinion, it tastes like autumn, cinnamon, and all of the tastes of fall in one fragrant cup.
Simple Homemade Dunkin Donuts Chai Latte Recipe
- Small saucepan
- Mason or clean glass jar
- Steam wand or handheld frother
- One cup
- 10 oz skim milk
- 6 tablespoons of Chai tea syrup
- 6 oz fine ground espresso
- 8 tablespoons Chai tea loose leaf blend
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Prepare your syrup first. Pour the water and sugar into a small pan, heating it on medium heat until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Once your mixture comes to a boil, let it simmer at reduced heat for five minutes. Add in your loose chai tea leaves and let simmer for another ten minutes. You’re going for a concentrated chai flavor with your mixture.
- Remove your mixture from the heat and let it cool while setting up the mason jar. Then, strain your mixture directly into the glass jar.
- Add your vanilla extract to the jar, then stir it thoroughly. Your chai syrup is now ready.
- Use your microwave to warm your milk for the chai latte. Once completed, use your steam wand or a handheld frother to make your foam.
- Now you’re ready to add 6 tablespoons of chai syrup to a cup, add the steamed milk, stir, combine, and enjoy!
This is a simple yet delicious recipe for a homemade Dunkin Donuts Chai Latte. If you love this beverage blend and can’t wait for the correct season to purchase it at Dunkin Donuts, you can easily make this recipe at home and enjoy the delicious treat without ever leaving the house.
Featured Image Credit: kalinova.mary, Shutterstock
Table of Contents
- What You’ll Need
- The Homemade Dunkin Donuts Chai Latte Recipe Experience
- Simple Homemade Dunkin Donuts Chai Latte Recipe