Many people avoid making iced coffee at home because they think it requires more work than hot coffee. Whereas they can use instant coffee to make a piping hot cup in just a few seconds, they assume they have to go through additional steps and preparation time to create iced coffee.
This is actually not true. You can use instant coffee mix to make iced coffee too. This recipe is so simple, in fact, that it only takes 2 minutes to make with 4 different ingredients. Check out this recipe if you want to make iced coffee with instant coffee mix. This is one of those instant coffee recipes that will probably be a life changer and save you a whole lot of money!
How to Make Iced Coffee with Instant Coffee
Easy Instant Iced Coffee Recipe
1. Mix Coffee Grounds and Creamer
Begin by adding 1 to 2 tablespoons of instant ground coffee and ⅓ cup of your favorite creamer to a glass. Stir well so that the coffee grounds are evenly mixed throughout the creamer. You will notice that the coffee grounds start dissolving, but they probably will not be dissolved all the way yet.
2. Add Water and Dissolve Coffee
Next, add ⅔ cup of cold water to the glass to fully dissolve the coffee. If you want a lighter coffee flavor, you can add up to 1½ cup of water to the glass. Stir consistently until the coffee fully dissolves. This may take a few minutes. So, expect to be stirring for a bit.
3. Add Ice and Enjoy
After the coffee has completely dissolved, add as much ice as you like. Enjoy!
Variations to Our Instant Coffee Recipe
Above, we described how to make a really basic instant coffee iced coffee recipe. To add a bit of flavor to your iced coffee, you can add different seasonings or variations to get the exact flavor you want. Here are some variations to try out:
This idea isn’t a specific variation, but it is a note about creating the perfect cup of iced coffee based on your taste buds. One of the best parts about this recipe is that you can slightly alter the proportions to make it sweeter or stronger, depending on what you prefer.
If you like a stronger coffee flavor, make sure to use 2 tablespoons of instant coffee and less water and creamer. This will ensure that the coffee flavor is the strongest and stands out amongst the other flavors of the drink.
In contrast, you can create a lighter flavor by diluting the coffee with more water and creamer. This will create a sweeter flavor that is ideal for those who don’t like strong coffee. You can add as much as 1½ cup of water or ½ cup of creamer for the lightest coffee flavor.
In this recipe, we gave you the option to use your favorite creamer. Each creamer can add a slightly different flavor and level of sweetness to the iced coffee. Experiment with different creamers to get the best iced coffee for you.
We recommend starting with an almond-based creamer because it makes the final product taste much creamier and less sugary. If you are allergic to almonds, you can select a regular milk-based or soy-based creamer as well. A French vanilla-flavored creamer is a great classic.
If you don’t have any creamer on hand, you can use 1 teaspoon of sugar and 6 ounces of cold milk instead. This will thicken up the drink without requiring you to buy special creamer.
Above, we recommended using cubed ice to chill your coffee while not adding additional steps to the recipe. If you want iced coffee with really thin ice shavings that are almost similar to a malt drink, you can blend the iced coffee instead.
Go through steps 1 and 2 as described above. Then, add the drink to a blender, along with ice. Mix the blender and add more ice until you reach your desired consistency. Pour the drink into your glass and drink.
Instant Iced Coffee Recipe
- 1-2 tablespoons instant coffee
- ⅓ cup creamer of your choice
- ⅔ cup cold water
- Begin by adding 1 to 2 tablespoons of instant ground coffee and ⅓ cup of your favorite creamer to a glass. Stir well so that the coffee grounds are evenly mixed throughout the creamer. You will notice that the coffee grounds start dissolving, but they probably will not be dissolved all the way yet.
- Next, add ⅔ cup of cold water to the glass to fully dissolve the coffee. If you want a lighter coffee flavor, you can add up to 1½ cup of water to the glass. Stir consistently until the coffee fully dissolves. This may take a few minutes. So, expect to be stirring for a bit.
- After the coffee has completely dissolved, add as much ice as you like. Enjoy!
Did you enjoy learning how to make iced coffee with instant coffee? Your days of difficult and expensive iced coffee are over! Just by using your regular instant coffee mix, you can create a delicious, iced coffee in seconds. Feel free to mix up this recipe to make it your own.
- How to Make Whipped Coffee Without Instant Coffee
- How Much Caffeine in Instant Coffee?
- How to Make Iced Espresso (Recipe & Pictures)
Featured image credit: StockSnap, Pixabay
Table of Contents
- How to Make Iced Coffee with Instant Coffee
- Easy Instant Iced Coffee Recipe
- Variations to Our Instant Coffee Recipe
- Instant Iced Coffee Recipe