Dutch Bros is known for having amazing coffee beverages. While it may be easy for most people to rush out and grab one of these tasty drinks when they’re in the mood, that simply isn’t the case for everyone. Many people prefer to make their own versions of popular coffee drinks so they can avoid crowds. If you’re this type of person, this simple recipe for a Dutch Bros Annihilator is for you.
How to Make a Dutch Bros Annihilator
1. Steaming and frothing.
If you are making a hot Annihilator beverage, the first step in the process is to use your frother and steam wand to prepare the milk of your choosing.
2. Mix milk and syrup.
Transfer the frothed milk to your serving glass then add 1 tablespoon of chocolate macadamia nut syrup and stir thoroughly.
3. Make the espresso.
Prepare a shot of espresso in your maker using the coffee of your choice.
4. Add Espresso to the cup.
Once your espresso is ready, add it to the milk and flavored syrup in your cup.
5. Drink and enjoy.
When the espresso is added, your hot drink is ready to top as you choose, drink and enjoy.
For the Iced Version of the Dutch Bros Annihilator
1. Use ice instead of steam.
For the iced version of the Annihilator, start by filling your serving glass halfway with ice. Your ice can be made from coffee to help avoid dilution while drinking.
2. Add syrup and milk (or half and half)
Instead of steaming your milk, mix the 1 tablespoon of macadamia nut syrup and milk of your choice then froth. Once finished, pour it into the cup of ice.
3. Add the espresso.
Instead of using freshly made espresso, the iced version needs espresso that has been cooled. Once the espresso reaches room temperature, it can then be added to the glass with the milk, ice, and syrup.
4. Mix and enjoy.
When all ingredients are in the serving glass, you are now free to mix, add the toppings you wish, and enjoy.
Simple Dutch Bros Annihilator Recipe
- Espresso machine
- Frother or Steam Wand
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoon
- Mixing spoon
- Serving glass (depending on a hot or iced version)
- 1 cup milk of your choosing half and half can be used
- 1 shot of espresso use chilled espresso if making an Iced Annihilator
- 1 tablespoon chocolate macadamia nut syrup
- Ice for Iced Annihilator omit if drinking hot
- Topping of choice whipped cream, shavings, etc
- Steam and froth the milk of your choosing.
- Mix the prepared milk and the chocolate macadamia nut syrup in a serving glass.
- Using an espresso maker, prepare a shot of espresso.
- Add the espresso to the milk and syrup mixture then stir thoroughly.
- Once your drink is ready, top as you choose then drink and enjoy!
If you’re a fan of the Dutch Bros Annihilator, the hot or cold version, this recipe is the one for you. By following a few simple steps you can easily make one of these drinks in the comfort of your own home. You’ll love the freedom of sitting back and enjoying this amazing drink without rushing out to your local shop to pick it up.
Featured Image Credit: Champiofoto, Shutterstock
Table of Contents
- How to Make a Dutch Bros Annihilator
- For the Iced Version of the Dutch Bros Annihilator
- Simple Dutch Bros Annihilator Recipe