If you are stressed, need to relax, or want something to drink that’s tasty and soothing, then ginger milk tea might be your beverage of choice. But, of course, you don’t need to purchase it from the local coffee shop, so we’ll share our favorite recipe below. It is simple, and since it has ginger in it, it may have health benefits.
This recipe will take around 10 minutes to make, and soon you’ll be enjoying a mug of ginger milk tea.
What You’ll Need
1. Heat the water and ginger.
Place a medium saucepan on medium heat, then add the ginger and water.
2. Bring the water to a full boil.
After bringing the water to a boil, turn the heat down to low and simmer the mixture for five minutes.
3. Remove from heat.
After the mixture simmers, remove the pan from the heat and add your black tea bags.
4. Allow the tea to steep.
Infuse the tea by allowing it to steep for five minutes, then remove the ginger and the teabags from the saucepan.
5. Stir in the Milk
Next, you’ll want to stir in both your milk and condensed milk and heat it until the mixture is hot.
6. Pour and Enjoy
Once the mixture is heated through, remove it from the heat, pour it into a mug, stir, and enjoy,
The Ginger Milk Tea Experience
How to make ginger milk tea taste good.
For many, even with the recipe above, ginger milk tea can have a bitter taste that makes it unappetizing. You can make it tastier by adding a bit of granulated sugar and even some honey.
What are the health benefits?
Whether you’ve had to stop drinking coffee or just decided to try something new, there’s no doubt that there are quite a few health benefits from drinking ginger milk tea. We’ll talk about a few of those health benefits in the next section.
Good for Digestion
Ginger tea is good for your digestion and will help rid your body of toxins and acids. It’s a great stomach soother and can relieve gas when you’ve overeaten as well.
Unlike coffee, ginger is a great immunity booster. Ginger contains natural oils that not only contain anti-inflammatory agents but antiviral agents as well. Ginger tea can also help to soothe a sore throat, get rid of a headache, and help with menstrual cramps during that time of the month.
Ginger tea is also great for relieving the stress of a long, hard day. A cup of this hot tea will help you relax and let all your worries melt away.
Simple Ginger Milk Tea Recipe
- 1 tea cup
- 2 black tea bags
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup warm milk
- 2 tablespoons of sliced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon condensed milk
- Place your water and sliced ginger in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once your water comes to a full boil, turn down the heat and let the water and ginger simmer for five minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat once it simmers, then add your black teabags.
- Let the tea simmer for five minutes, then take out the tea bags and ginger.
- Add the two kinds of milk to the mixture, then heat the tea back to where it’s warm.
- Pour the tea into a cup, add any flavorings you want, stir, and enjoy this warm, delicious tea.
There it is. In just six simple steps, you can enjoy your own cup of ginger milk tea in the comfort of your own home. This tea is tasty, but it also has health benefits that make it even more enjoyable. There are different ginger milk tea recipes, so you should have no problem finding the one that tastes the best.
Featured Image Credit:
Table of Contents
- What You’ll Need
- The Ginger Milk Tea Experience
- What are the health benefits?
- Simple Ginger Milk Tea Recipe