If you’ve ever been to Dutch Bros and seen people ordering or even raving about Dutch Bros’s Soft Top, you’ve probably often wondered what it is and how you can make one of your own at home. Dutch Bros’s Soft Top is a creamy foam made with buttermilk, half-and-half, vanilla syrup, and sugar.
In this article, we’ll tell you what a Soft Top is and how you can have this delicious foam at home on your morning coffee.
How to Make A Dutch Bros-Style Soft Top
1. Add your ingredients to a jug
Pour your half-and-half, vanilla syrup, buttermilk, and caster sugar into a 4-cup Pyrex measuring cup.
2. Blend the mixture for 30 seconds
Take your milk frother and blend the mixture for around 30 seconds. Make sure to hold the frother close to the top so the foam will gradually double its size.
3. Pour over your favorite coffee and enjoy
Pour the soft top mixture over your favorite coffee and enjoy the taste.
All About the Dutch Bros Soft Top
Now that you have a homemade copycat recipe of the Soft Top at Dutch Bros, you might wonder what exactly it is.
What Is a Dutch Bros Soft Top?
The Soft Top is often compared to crossing marshmallow fluff with sweet, cold cream. The Dutch Bros recipe is a little different than the one above. They use buttermilk, sugar, vanilla, and a mix of heavy cream to make theirs, and it does have quite a few calories that the homemade version might not.
The Soft Top is a fluffy foam mixed to perfection, then placed on any drink, in this case, coffee if that’s what you want to use it on. You can put it on just about any coffee drink, which tastes incredible. The Soft Top doesn’t sink into your cup; it’s heavy enough to float on the top, so you can get every bit of that creamy goodness in every sip.
A few beverages you can use with the homemade Soft Top include coffees, sodas, iced teas, and other hot drinks. This is one of the Dutch Bros’ signature toppings and is extremely popular with coffee fans everywhere. If you don’t have the time to go to Dutch Bros or there isn’t one close to you, this homemade version will help recreate the original and provide the same awesome taste.
What Is a Soft Top at Dutch Bros? (With Recipe)
- Pyrex measuring cup
- Milk frother
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons of half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla syrup
- 2 teaspoons of caster sugar
- Add vanilla syrup, half and half, buttermilk, and caster sugar to a 4-cup glass measuring cup.
- Blend the mixture for 30 seconds with your milk frother, taking the time to keep the frother at the top of the mix.
- Pour the soft top over your favorite kind of coffee and enjoy the taste of your Dutch Bros Soft Top drink.
The Soft Top at Dutch Bros is their signature topping. It goes on their beverages in the final step of preparing a drink and is one of the most popular toppings at their stores.
However, not everyone can get to the Dutch Bros store or has one in their location. In that case, you can use the recipe above and add it to your favorite coffee beverage, tea, or even soda.
Featured Image Credit: Ida Vickers, Shutterstock
Table of Contents
- How to Make A Dutch Bros-Style Soft Top
- All About the Dutch Bros Soft Top
- What Is a Soft Top at Dutch Bros? (With Recipe)