There are as many milk tea recipes as there are types of tea, but some are more common than others. Pearl milk tea, also known as Boba tea or bubble tea, is a unique milky tea flavored with tapioca pearls. While milk tea and bubble tea aren’t always the same, milk is often added to bubble tea for flavor. This type of tea comes from Taiwan but has gained popularity around the world.
Peach milk tea is the perfect summery beverage. The addition of tapioca pearls in this recipe makes it especially tasty and refreshing to sip on a hot day. However, you can omit them if you wish. This recipe can be made as a standard tea or as a solar tea.
How to Make Peach Milk Tea:
1. Make your tea using either the standard method or the solar method.
If you choose to make standard tea, bring water to a boil, then let it cool for a minute before adding the tea bags. Place the hot water in mason jars or another heatproof container, placing two tea bags in each jar. Allow each jar to steep for 2 minutes. Then, remove the tea bags.
If you choose the solar method to make tea, add room-temperature water to the mason jars, and add two tea bags to each jar. Place the jars in the sun and let them steep for 3–4 hours. (Do note that this method may not be safe, so use it at your own risk.)
Once you’ve made your tea, place it in the refrigerator for 1–2 hours. Or, you can add ice and shake up the jars.
2. Make the bubbles.
Cook ½ cup of tapioca pearls according to the package directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
3. Make the peach purée.
Combine peeled peaches, maple syrup, and ¼ cup of water in a blender. Blend until smooth.
4. Put the tea together.
Put half of the peach purée in each mason jar. Close the lids and shake well. Taste and adjust by adding more maple syrup as desired for sweetness.
To serve, add tapioca pearls to your glass as desired. Fill glasses with tea and add plant milk.
- Note: If you choose to make strictly milk tea rather than bubble tea, simply omit the tapioca pearls.
The Peach Milk Tea Experience
What Does Peach Milk Tea Taste Like?
Peach milk tea tastes exactly like its ingredients: a combination of peach, green tea, and milk. This tea is creamy, and the tapioca pearls add hits of sweetness to your drink. It’s similar to the flavor that you find in many peach iced teas, except it’s not as sweet and not as icy cold as most iced tea drinks.
Health Benefits of Milk Tea
Most milk tea is made with black tea, but this recipe is made with green tea. There are a ton of health benefits of drinking milk tea in both forms, but green tea is particularly rich in antioxidants, which can promote:
- Improved cognitive function and alertness
- Fat loss
- Protection against cancer
- Lowered risk of heart disease
How to Drink Milk Tea
Milk tea doesn’t necessarily require a recipe. At its core, milk tea is just tea with milk. There are a few different types of milk tea, though, including:
- Bubble Tea — Taiwanese tea with tapioca pearls
- Hong Kong Milk Tea — Tea with evaporated or condensed milk
- Tea Latte — A latte for those who don’t drink coffee
- Thai Iced Tea — A combination of black tea, condensed milk, sugar, and spices
- Masala Chai — An Indian spiced tea made from powders and syrups
- British Milk Tea — Black tea with milk
There aren’t any set guidelines for how much milk to add to a cup of tea. Usually, it’s best to begin with a splash or tablespoon of milk. Then, stir and taste the tea. Adjust the amount of milk to your desired taste.
Simple Peach Milk Tea Recipe
- Mason jars
- 8 –10 cups of water
- 4 green tea bags
- ½ cup of large black tapioca pearls optional
- 2 peaches peeled and pitted
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- Almond or another type of plant milk
- Make tea using either the standard method or the solar method to heat the water. Place two tea bags in each mason jar. If using the solar method, steep tea in the sun for 3–4 hours. Add boiling water to the jars and steep for 2 minutes for the standard method.
- Chill tea in the refrigerator for 1–2 hours.
- Cook tapioca pearls according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Blend peaches, maple syrup, and water until smooth.
- Put half of the peach purée mixture in each mason jar. Close the lids and shake well. Add maple syrup to desired sweetness.
- Add tapioca pearls to your glass if desired. Fill glasses with tea and add plant milk.
Now you can make a tasty batch of peach milk tea at home. While it does require a little time and effort, this refreshing drink is worth it!
Featured Image Credit: kao, Shutterstock
Table of Contents
- How to Make Peach Milk Tea:
- The Peach Milk Tea Experience
- Simple Peach Milk Tea Recipe