If you’re a fan of Dutch Bros, you’ve probably heard of their delicious energy drink, the 911. While it may look like a regular Dutch Bros coffee drink, the 911 packs a caffeine wallop with six shots of espresso! It also has half and half and Irish cream syrup for a drink that will shift your brain into high gear whether you drink it hot or cold.
If the Dutch Bros 911 is a concoction you’d like to make yourself at home, we have you covered! We’ve featured the recipe for a 911 and simple steps you can follow to brew up your own right from home!
How to Make a Dutch Bros 911 at Home
1. Brew your espresso.
Brew your espresso using an espresso maker. You’ll need six shots, but you can use extra-strong coffee if you don’t have an espresso maker.
2. Add Irish cream to your mug.
While your espresso is brewing, add the 2 tablespoons of Irish cream to your 16-ounce mug.
3. Pour your six espresso shots into your mug.
As soon as your espresso is ready, pour the six shots over the Irish cream in your mug.
4. For a hot 911, heat and froth your half & half.
Once your espresso is ready, heat and froth the 12 ounces of half & half.
5. Pour the half & half over your espresso and Irish cream.
As soon as the half & half is hot and frothy, pour it over your espresso shots and Irish cream and stir well.
6. For a cold 911, pour cold half & half over your espresso and Irish cream.
There’s no need to heat and froth the half & half. Simply pour it over your espresso and Irish cream.
7. Add several small cubes of ice to your cold 911.
Add several ice cubes to your 16-ounce mug and stir.
The Dutch Bros 911 Experience
What Does a 911 Taste Like?
Whether you drink it cold or hot, the Dutch Bros 911 is a very creamy, smooth drink, similar to a hot (or cold) cup of chocolate milk. Of course, with six shots of espresso and some sugar from the Irish cream, the 911 packs a powerful caffeine punch, so be ready when it hits the back of your brain stem and gives you a boost of energy.
Is the Dutch Bros 911 a Healthy Drink?
Although it’s delicious, most nutritionists would probably agree that the Dutch Bros 911 is not exactly a “healthy” drink. For starters, it has over 460 milligrams of caffeine, and 400 milligrams is the maximum daily serving, according to the FDA. It also has a good amount of sugar from the Irish cream and packs 450 calories into a 16-ounce coffee drink.
Simple Dutch Bros 911 Recipe
- Espresso maker (Optional)
- Coffee maker (If no espresso maker)
- Milk frother (If serving hot)
- Espresso six shots
- 12 ounces Half & Half
- 2 tablespoons Irish Cream Syrup
- Ice cubes
- Make espresso in your espresso machine (or strong coffee if no machine).
- Add 2 tablespoons of Irish cream to a 16-ounce mug
- Add 6 shots of espresso
- Add 12 ounces of heated, frothed half & half (if drinking hot) and stir.
- Add 12 ounces of cold half & half (if drinking cold) and stir.
- Add several ice cubes if drinking cold.
The Dutch Bros 911 is satisfying, creamy, and delicious. It’s certainly an energy drink with 450 milligrams of caffeine, and it can provide an extra energy boost to get you through the day. The best part? Now you can make your own Dutch Bros 911 at home in six easy steps!
Featured Image Credit: Svittlana, Shutterstock
Table of Contents
- How to Make a Dutch Bros 911 at Home
- 1. Brew your espresso.
- 2. Add Irish cream to your mug.
- 3. Pour your six espresso shots into your mug.
- 4. For a hot 911, heat and froth your half & half.
- 5. Pour the half & half over your espresso and Irish cream.
- 6. For a cold 911, pour cold half & half over your espresso and Irish cream.
- 7. Add several small cubes of ice to your cold 911.
- The Dutch Bros 911 Experience
- Simple Dutch Bros 911 Recipe
- Final Sips